Houton® is concrete in which wood has been processed. This raw material combines the positive properties of wood and concrete. Wood does not normally bond with cement because it is an organic material. However, by adding Megatrax® to the product it is possible to make concrete containing 30 to 90 % wood.
- Processing of (residual) wood in concrete
- Weight reduction of approx. 30-50 percent
- 3 x longer life span than wood
- Sustainable and environmentally-friendly
- Eligible for cradle-to-cradle certificate
- Easy to install using nails and screws
- Cost-effective compared to concrete.